- A shorter version of the Gewehr 98 originally made for cavalry and support unit use. The original model Karabiner 98, with a shorter barrel than the G98, was produced from 1899–1908
- – Official Verdun Weapon Guide
The Kar. 98AZ, or Karabiner 98AZ, was a carbine issued to German cavalry, stormtroopers, and various other units during the First World War. With an internal capacity of five rounds, it is loaded with the Mauser 7.92x57mm cartridge and could be loaded one-by-one or loaded with a stripper clip.
The Kar. 98AZ is a good German weapon. It shares the ability to kill an opponent at long range with the other rifle-type weapons in Verdun, and has a relatively short draw time, relatively fast bolt speed, un-obstructive iron sights, and decent internal ammunition capacity.
Compared to its common alternatives, the Gew. 98, Gew. 88/05, and Kar. 89, the Kar. 98 generally has a faster bolt speed, better sights, and a more useful magazine, using an internal magazine rather than an en-bloc clip like the latter two rifles. All of this makes the Kar 98AZ extremely effective in close-quarters trench warfare and a popular firearm among many players.
The Kar. 98AZ can mount at Seitengewehr bayonet.
The Kar98AZ is an extremely common gun amongst German squads.
- ↑ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10grpv_fe9J7G8fj05SaVMo64Jmc45ZMGN7HLY7wkhxE/edit#gid=629433967
- ↑ https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=324870664
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gewehr_98#Karabiner_98a
|Rifles and carbines||Central Powers||Gew. 88/05 • Gew. 98 • Kar. 88 • Kar. 98AZ|
|Entente||Berthier • Gew. 89 • Kar. 89 • Lebel • M1917 • MLE • Mousqueton • P14 • Ross • SMLE • Springfield|
|Machine guns||Central Powers||Madsen • MG 08/18 • MP18i|
|Entente||BAR • Chauchat (CSRG M18) • Hotchkiss • Lewis|
|Handguns||Central Powers||C96 • Luger (Artillery) • Reichsrevolver|
|Entente||FN1900 • M1892 • M1911 • Ruby • Webley • Webley-Scott|
|Melee and grenades||Central Powers||Bokerknife • Feldspaten • M15|
|Entente||F1 • Mills • Trenchclub|
|Other||Wex • M1897|
|Call-ins||Artillery • Plane • Gas • Heavy mortar • Smokescreen|